跳到主要內容區塊

臺南市政府「每日聽.英語廣播」20170401

臺南市政府第二官方語言專案辦公室

每日聽.英語廣播

臺南市政府「每日聽.英語廣播」文字稿

四月份廣播主題(一):重新安排會議時間

2017年04月01日~04月15日
 

【Reschedule the appointment / Research and development discussion】

【辦公室英文:重新安排會議時間/會議討論】
 

David:Hi, Global Consulting. This is David speaking.

你好,Global Consulting,我是 David.

Anita: Hi David, this is Anita from Horizon Communications. I'm calling about our appointment for tomorrow.

嘿David,我是Horizon Communications 的 Anita. 我是因為明天的會議打電話過來。

David: Oh yes, it's at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, right?

是的,明天下午3點對吧?

Anita: Well, I'm afraid something urgent has come up. Can we reschedule our appointment?

是的,但是因為我們臨時有事情,可否重新安排會議時間呢?

David: Not a problem. How does next Monday sound?

沒問題,改到下禮拜一如何?

Anita: Let me just check my schedule...Monday should be fine. I do have a meeting that day, but it's not until 4. What time is more convenient for you? 讓我看一下我的行事曆..禮拜一可以。我那天有會議,不過是從四點開始。你什麼時候方便開會呢?

David: How about 10 o'clock in the morning?

早上10點如何?

Anita: Perfect. We can have lunch together afterwards.

太好了,會議結束後我們還可以去吃個午餐。

David: All right, I'll see you next Monday then. Give me a call if you have trouble finding our office.

好的,那禮拜一見囉! 到時如果你找不到辦公室,再打給我吧!

Anita: Will do! See you next Monday!

好的,下禮拜一見!


Next Monday(下周一)….
 

David:Hi, Anita, it’s good to have a meeting with you.

Anita 你好,很高興能跟你碰面。

Anita: Hi David, It’s my pleasure.

David你好,是我的榮幸。

David: So far, what do you think it will take to make our company stand out in the industry?

目前,你認為要怎樣才能讓公司成為產業龍頭。

Anita: We need to focus on producing new products that are the most advanced and high quality.

我們要致力於生產最先進且品質優良的產品。

David: If that is the case, I think we should focus on research and development first.

這樣的話,我想我們應該要先做好研發。

Anita: But the funds we need for initial development is not a small number. How do we convince the investors?

但初期研究經費所費不貲,我們該怎麼說服投資者?

David: We need to allow investors to understand that the research and development of new products do not come out of thin air.

我們必須讓投資者明白新產品的研發不可能憑空得來。

Anita: What should we do? Do you have any thoughts?

我們該怎麼做呢?你有任何想法嗎?

David: We need to prepare a detailed plan and allow investors to understand how the funds will be used.

我們應該要準備一份完備的計畫,讓投資者了解資金運作。

Anita: Okay. Is there anything we need to pay attention to?

好的,那還有其它需要注意的嗎?

David: List our goals and future prospects and tell them we have enough talents in research and development.

計畫詳列我們的目標以及未來展望,讓投資者了解我們有足夠的人才投入計畫。

Anita: Okay, I think this will be a great plan.

好的,我想這是一個很棒的計畫。

 

資料來源: (Fun day) http://cmu.fun day.com.tw/dialogize/index.htm?indx=348

http://cmu.fun-day.com.tw/dialogize/index.htm?indx=262